- I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - the production blog for Tucker Max's movie, based on his book of the same name. A really insightful look into the process of makign an independent movie. Tucker and Nils also explore and excoriate the cutthroat nature of Hollywood.
- The Bunny Blog - the tale of an itinerant bisexual artist (and prolific graphic designer).
- KungFuMike.net - a devastatingly witty writer and native of Portsmouth, NH, from which I recently departed.
- RyanHoliday.net: - one of Tucker's associates, who writes deeply profound items at a level far above his age.
- RazzyBlog - I said everything I needed to about this glorious collection of bytes back on April 15. I rest easy knowing what my face will be rocked off on a daily basis.
- Insyde Taryn Blog - porn star Taryn Thomas writes on what it's like to be in that industry, weight loss, and her disc jockeying engagement six months hence.
- Cato-at-liberty - the official blog of the Cato Institute, the hottest think tank in all the land. This is the most often updated of all the blogs I read.
- Cato Unbound - Cato's "online magazine," featuring a monthly reform proposal and several essays in response.
- FEWL.net - dispatches from USS Shiloh (CG 67), forward deployed in Japan. Jim joins me in railing against the injustices the Seagoing Military Force foists upon its Sailors.
- The Stupid Shall Be Punished - a retired submarine officer's take on the world of the undersea vessels, among other things (including the juicy Idaho political situation).
- Ultraquiet No More - a group blog featuring contributions from many U. S. and A. submariners past and present.
- Lauren Sivan's blog - the most recent addition to the Reader; I spent a couple of paragraphs last night talking about why I now keep up with this News 12 anchor.
- Erin Kella - a chance encounter on the Rudius Media Message Board brought me into contact with this interesting read, from a senior at the University of Mary Washington in Virginia.
- Tasty Blog Snack - has it really been nine months since I mentioned iJustine, shortly after her 300 page iPhone bill? She'll live forever - as into the wired world as she is, she'll get a robot body built to have her brain and memory engrams preserved.
- IvyGate - the blog that irreverantly covers eight of the nation's most prestigious schools. It led the coverage of the Aleksey Vayner saga in 2006, and it introduced me to the aforementioned RazzyBlog two months ago.
I don't need LeVar Burton...
I was on my regular daily walk around Northport this afternoon, enjoying the high of the Mets signing David Wright to a long term contract extension.…
I tweeted those words a short time ago, on the occasion of Hofstra's softball team falling one win (and at one point, two bases) short of reaching…
Well, the Islanders are 3-4 so far, including a win over the Rangers and getting out of the first game of the year against Pittsburgh without any…