- I'm an overall picky eater, but two things that have pretty much always been off-limits are bananas and scrambled eggs. My mom can regale you with stories of a two-year-old Matt sitting in the high chair spitting out food.
- I am very selective about headphones. I use the Sony MDR-G42, due to both the superior sound quality and the behind-the-head setup. I'm actually on my second pair of them. I tried a different kind, but discarded them after one listen.
- I'm not a big dog person. I believe this to be a learned behavior. When I was little, my parents had a very large dog. I seem to recall this dog knocking me down multiple times.
- I am a huge Tour de France fan; this goes back almost two decades, long before Lance Armstrong started representing at the world's biggest annual sports event.
- As a child, my dream job was...well, the one people competed for on the series Dream Job: anchor on SportsCenter. This was thoroughly dispelled after I did some sports radio in college.
- According to my mom, I was reading at the tender age of eighteen months.
- Lastly, it seems appropriate that I mention that I'm a sucker for redheads. It might be the Irish in me that makes me find them deadly attractive. yeah yeah!
oh, I'll play your game, you rogue...
I spend most of my early weekday evenings Tweeting about Jeopardy!. While it's fun to opine and/or snipe from the sidelines, it was quite another…
A few days ago, I posted an entry about my trip back to Cornell last October, and promised to share a Facebook post I wrote shortly after I…
May 1996. My high school band took a trip to Toronto. (We could do such things without passports back then.) The outbound leg of that trip…