- I'm an overall picky eater, but two things that have pretty much always been off-limits are bananas and scrambled eggs. My mom can regale you with stories of a two-year-old Matt sitting in the high chair spitting out food.
- I am very selective about headphones. I use the Sony MDR-G42, due to both the superior sound quality and the behind-the-head setup. I'm actually on my second pair of them. I tried a different kind, but discarded them after one listen.
- I'm not a big dog person. I believe this to be a learned behavior. When I was little, my parents had a very large dog. I seem to recall this dog knocking me down multiple times.
- I am a huge Tour de France fan; this goes back almost two decades, long before Lance Armstrong started representing at the world's biggest annual sports event.
- As a child, my dream job was...well, the one people competed for on the series Dream Job: anchor on SportsCenter. This was thoroughly dispelled after I did some sports radio in college.
- According to my mom, I was reading at the tender age of eighteen months.
- Lastly, it seems appropriate that I mention that I'm a sucker for redheads. It might be the Irish in me that makes me find them deadly attractive. yeah yeah!
oh, I'll play your game, you rogue...
Probably the worst of my first 31 birthdays was five years ago, when I had duty in the shipyard and Memphis lost shore power. No. 32 easily…
This year was unlike many others in the past, in that I actually knew what I wanted for Christmas. (I'm usually a fairly difficult person to buy…
I was on my regular daily walk around Northport this afternoon, enjoying the high of the Mets signing David Wright to a long term contract extension.…