- I'm an overall picky eater, but two things that have pretty much always been off-limits are bananas and scrambled eggs. My mom can regale you with stories of a two-year-old Matt sitting in the high chair spitting out food.
- I am very selective about headphones. I use the Sony MDR-G42, due to both the superior sound quality and the behind-the-head setup. I'm actually on my second pair of them. I tried a different kind, but discarded them after one listen.
- I'm not a big dog person. I believe this to be a learned behavior. When I was little, my parents had a very large dog. I seem to recall this dog knocking me down multiple times.
- I am a huge Tour de France fan; this goes back almost two decades, long before Lance Armstrong started representing at the world's biggest annual sports event.
- As a child, my dream job was...well, the one people competed for on the series Dream Job: anchor on SportsCenter. This was thoroughly dispelled after I did some sports radio in college.
- According to my mom, I was reading at the tender age of eighteen months.
- Lastly, it seems appropriate that I mention that I'm a sucker for redheads. It might be the Irish in me that makes me find them deadly attractive. yeah yeah!
oh, I'll play your game, you rogue...
To the Cornell Athletics class of 2021, Congratulations on crossing the finish line! It's an accomplishment that you have earned every right to…
A new day, a new month, a new year, a new decade — today, they all have come. Two score years ago today, I was chilling out inside a nice…
I did have a little bit of trouble sleeping on Friday night, and finally at 6:15 on Saturday morning, I decided it was time to rise and roll. I…