As I arrived back to the New Nexus of Hate late this morning, I was treated to an unusually large dose of useless bullshit. In the course of digesting this, I discovered that R. Kelly's upcoming album, 12 Play Fourth Quarter, had been leaked into the online realm. I thus set about the task of obtaining it for a certain Kells-obsessed friend of mine. I was beaten to the punch, but that didn't prevent me from listening to it - and totally cracking up laughing at the lyrics. I said over two months ago that I was neutral on Kells; that is clearly no longer the case. It's a rare day that I put fifteen new songs onto my iPod, but today is such a day.
During these past two weeks of leave, I've done so much, and had such a great time. Let's sum it up...
- Watched a beautiful movie about the teenage condition, and supported the work of a high school friend
- Attended a game at Shea Stadium, during its final season
- Saw a Met hit his first major league home run
- Attended a good friend's engagement party
- Won some money at the casino, and had a lot of fun with the other players
- Attended a game at the most historic yard in baseball
- BTW, it was Mark Teixiera's first game with the Angels, and Manny Ramírez's last with the Red Sox
- Saw and took video of my best friend's performance in my ancestral home
- Lost the car I've driven for nearly six and a half years
- Gained a replacement (NOT new) car, further proving why my Mom rocks
- Went out drinking and partying in the greatest city in the world
- Wrote nearly two thousand words detailing the shortcomings of the "State of Fail"
- Hooked up with e-Scarlet in real time, and took her PNR recommendation
- Saw and partied one of my oldest friends
- Had authentic White Castle, on two separate occasions
- And perhaps most importantly, generally refreshed and recharged, making me all the more capable of attacking the 284 days after this one.