- secret kill lists and "disposition matrices"
- Team America: World Police (the real thing, not the movie)
- reading the Congressional war powers out of the Constitution
- sexual assaults under color of "airport security"
- the abject failure of the War on Drugs
- militarization of the police (SWAT raids for everyone!)
- moral hazard in the financial industry
- pretending the entitlements are structurally sound
- deficits, deficits, and more deficits
Plus, I don't know what everybody's so excited about. Are they under the illusion that because Obama is freed from having to campaign anymore, stuff will get done and on their terms? They must have seen the projections that the GOP will retain the House (as I wrote last night). Unless, of course...
... and here is where I really start spitballing. Unless, that is, Obama expands on the practice of executive lawmaking (as both the PPACA and Dodd-Frank give him wide latitude to do). I fear for that possibility, given the prospect that with both parties moving farther from the center. From the red side, I can't believe that I had this thought, but I would not be totally surprised if there were an impeachment over something in the second term.
Wait - why the hell are ANY of us so agitated over this? The planet's going to disintegrate in a month and a half, right?